Contributing English Editor
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Mar. 31, 2023
—Job title: English Contributing Editor
—Contract type: Freelance
—Contract term: Rolling
Amwaj.media is a new web-based media platform for professional opinion and analysis of the societies, politics and economies of Iran, Iraq and the Arabian Peninsula.
As an English Contributing Editor, your duties will include:
- Editing our English-language content— including our monitoring of regional media well as opinion and analytical articles submitted by our network of contributors.
- You will edit for grammar, spelling in accordance with our style guide and do associated factchecking. The content must be edited so that it is clear and compelling in terms of structure and flow.
- You will be expected to liaise with contributors and our staff to ensure there are no ambiguities or gaps in the texts—whether contextual or factual.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced editor with an exceptionally high level of attention to detail. You will bring with you strong editing skills and subject knowledge.
- You have an understanding of regional politics and relevant terminology. You also share our commitment to professional, holistic and data-driven coverage of the region.
- You are either a native English speaker or are fully fluent in the English language.
- You have a university degree preferably with a concentration in subjects such as English literature, journalism or political science.
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work under high pressure and deliver quality work at a rapid pace to meet tight deadlines.
Apply either by filling out the form below or by sending your CV, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com