Paid Operations Trainee
HIRING: PAID OPERATIONS TRAINEE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JAN. 3, 2022
- Job title: Operations Trainee
- Contract type: Freelance
- Contract term: 6-12 months
- Location: Remote
- Start date: January 2022
Amwaj.media is a new web-based media platform for professional opinion and analysis of the societies, politics and economies of Iran, Iraq and the Arabian Peninsula.
As an Operations Trainee your duties will include:
- Creating some of our website static content.
- Coordinating and proposing debate topics.
- Research and create data visualizations, maps and infographics for our content. In addition, provision of images for the content.
- Assisting the coordination of the publishing process, from receiving article proposals to liaising with our translation and editorial team.
- Assisting with outreach to contributors.
Who You Are:
You have a strong command of English and you have a university degree. You are a very organized person and can manage different tasks at the same time. You enjoy communicating with people and liaising with professionals from the region.
- You have an understanding of regional politics and relevant terminology. You also share our commitment to professional, holistic and data-driven coverage of the region.
- It is not a requirement, but it would be desirable to have experience with data visualization software such as Flourish and Datawrapper.
- You have a university degree preferably with a concentration in International Relations, Economics or Political Science.
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated and self-disciplined. You can work under high pressure and deliver quality work at a rapid pace to meet tight deadlines.
Apply either by filling out the form below or by sending your CV, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com