Subscribe to our Newsletter prior to sending us a pitch to familiarize yourself with our approach, and content. The greater your understanding of our style, the greater the chance of your pitch being approved.
Amwaj.media publishes News, Opinion and Analysis on the politics, economies and societies of the Arabian Peninsula countries, Iran, and Iraq. Our approach is holistic, data-driven, and forward-looking.
We are always on the look-out for both established voices and new talent that can equally bring measured and fresh perspectives and additional depth to our coverage.
Pitching an article
- Instead of an article, send us a pitch of 100-150 words. We only accept pitches focused on the Arabian Peninsula countries, Iran, and Iraq. For example, we will not accept a submission on Lebanon, unless the angle directly connects it to the Arabian Peninsula countries, Iran, or Iraq.
- Pitches may be submitted in Arabic, English or Persian. Our team will translate them.
- We only consider pitches that are exclusive to Amwaj.media and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
The pitch should clearly and concisely explain the angle of your story (and not just the topic). Having a newshook is essential.
- For instance, if you want to write about an increase in Iraqi oil exports, you should explain its significance; the context which makes it relevant to our readers; and, the original sources you will use in your piece. These sources can consist of interviews with relevant experts and officials, and primary material such as official documents or statements: WikiLeaks is fine, Wikipedia pages are not.
- Whatever you are pitching, you cannot rely on a single source—and the context must always be local, regional or directly related to the region.
When you are sending us a pitch for the first time, it should also include your e-mail address, your resume and a list of your previous publications.
If your pitch is approved
The article should be at least 1,000 words in length and no more than 1,200 words.
- You will need to send the article at a time and date of mutual consent. We will endeavor to edit it for publication in liaison with you as soon as time permits. Submissions which do not adhere to agreed deadlines may be rejected.
- The article should be accompanied by a short biography of up to 50 words, a headshot, and your social media handles (if any).
- Please do not send us works in progress: your article is expected to have been thoroughly reviewed and checked for both language and facts prior to submission.
- The facts and statements in your article must all be referenced with hyperlinks to the sources.
- We strongly encourage the inclusion of data-driven content as part of your submission. If you wish to send us the raw data, please do so in Excel format with the appropriate permissions and sourcing so that our team can create charts and graphs.
Last but certainly not least, any submissions to Amwaj.media must not include behavior circumscribed by our Website Terms & Conditions—including slander, defamation as well as unfounded rumors and allegations.